27 Aralık 2012 Perşembe

Giving Back - December 2012

To contact us Click HERE
DanWhen I'm feeling down (it happens on occasion) I make a special effort to do something nice for others, knowing that giving will typically pull me out of a funk. It makes me feel better. Given the tragedy that our nation has been facing over the last few days, the timing could not have been better for Jennings' annual holiday outreach event. This year we decided to cook dinner for the guests at Family House at UNC Hospitals. Family House provides housing and hope to families with an adult patient being treated for a critical illness or injury at UNC Hospitals or its affiliated clinics. I was fortunate to serve on the organization's board of directors in 2005 as we sought funding to build this remarkable facility. Family House serves approximately 2,400 patients or family members in a given year. To date, Family House has provided more than 114,000 stays to patients/patient families from all 100 of NC’s counties, 35 other states and 7 foreign countries.

So last night my team and I packed up our vehicles with the dishes we had prepared and we ventured over to Family House to serve the meal to its 35 guests. I was so impressed with the care my staff took to deliver an amazing holiday meal. The menu included green bean casserole, roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, ham, turkey, macaroni and cheese, chicken marsala, sweet potatoes, chicken tetrazzini and a number of desserts. The guests claimed to thoroughly enjoy the feast!

We each headed back to our homes last night feeling a little less depressed and with more hope in our hearts. I know it might sound trite, but it is the absolute truth. I am grateful that we had this opportunity to give back. Happy Holidays. Below are some photos from the event.

photo[5]

Dewey

Barri

Group shot

Group 2 Food horizontal

Christmas Tree

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder