7 Temmuz 2012 Cumartesi

Lupus and the Supreme Court Ruling

To contact us Click HERE

I also have lupus. Seeing this photo made me cry, because I understand her joy and why this ruling means that some of us will actually be able to live and work in the way that non-disabled people can take for granted. I'm allergic to the sun, but with enough frequently applied sunscreen, I can handle a few hours of it when I really need to get out and do something that can only take place outside. However, I am so often confined indoors because I'm already in the middle of a flare up that this disease severely constricts my ability to participate fully in society. I had to miss this years National Cancer Survivor's Day, even though this year marked my 10th year of surviving with incurable bone cancer (chondrosarcoma), because the event took place outside and I was already flaring up too much to be able to handle any more sun exposure.

This woman's joy mirrors my own instant burst of excitement when I heard the news. Honestly, I didn't have much hope that it would be upheld, because it's hard to believe that anything this wonderful could come from the judges on the Supreme Court right now. But it happened! It really did happen! Now my daughter has a shot at life that I never had. She doesn't have to base her every job decision and life decision around the fact that no insurance company would cover her. She can be a small business owner, if she wants to.

This decision changes our entire lives.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder