24 Kasım 2012 Cumartesi

What a Day. And Then There's Tomorrow.

To contact us Click HERE
Yesterday I left my hotel at 5:30am and took a cab to Boston Logan Airport to pick up a rental car for the day. I then spent 11 hours traveling across Massachusetts meeting with physicians, office managers and referral coordinators at various medical practices. Days like this, where I am in the field visiting practices and listening to healthcare professionals, are so rewarding. I learn so much. And I always return to my hotel exhausted.

However, yesterday was a little different in that I knew I was going to have dinner with my good friend Chris Boyer. You see, Chris Boyer, healthcare social media and digital media rock star, is our keynote speaker today (Friday) at a one-day conference held by the Massachusetts Hospital Association and the New England Society for Healthcare Communications. I served on the planning committee for the conference and helped to put together the panel of speakers which also includes Zoe Finch Totten, CEO of the Full Yield, an organization committed to improving public health by making high-quality food, high-quality behavioral support, and high-quality education about food and health systemically sustainable. It is a treat to have both Zoe and Chris speaking at this event!

Several weeks ago a physician I know in the Boston area, Dr. Merlin, recommended Myers & Chang, knowing my love for Asian food. With Chris coming to town, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to give the restaurant a try. So at 8pm last night Chris and I strolled down Washington Street and entered the world of Myers & Chang. It was a hit from the moment we walked in the door. The place was buzzing with activity. The staff was attentive, and the food was extraordinary. At Myers & Chang they serve the food family style and everyone at the table shares the offerings. Here's what Chris and I savored:
Fresh rolls - herbs, lettuce, tofu, spicy peanut sauce

Pot stickers - shiitake and chinese greens

Stir fried clams with fermented black bean sauce - island creek clams, watercress, vermicelli

Wok charred octopus + grilled corn - sriracha butter, spring onion

Chicken and waffles - ginger-sesame waffle, hot + sweet sauce
The dinner was sensory overload. The flavors were unreal. And getting to spend the evening catching up with Chris was spectacular. I am grateful for times like this. And I am grateful for the friends I've made over the years - and for those I have yet to make.

Above all, I can't wait to get home to my family tonight. I have been gone too long, It is time to get home. I'm looking forward to a weekend with Scotti and Meg.

Note: Myers & Chang retweeted our Tweets from the restaurant and sent us a thank you Tweet! (@myersandchang) These people know what they are doing. Dinner there is a total experience.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder